Avoid Devastating Effects with a DUI attorney in Columbus, Ohio
An Ohio OVI (operating a vehicle impaired) arrest can be devastating. Suddenly you are facing serious criminal charges and even jail time. This is no time to go it alone. An expert Ohio criminal defense attorney can defend your rights and help you get the best possible outcome.
Adam Nemann has a well-deserved reputation for success. He understands the Ohio laws and courts and puts his considerable experience to work for each and every client he accepts.
Formerly called a DUI or DWI, an Ohio OVI can result in serious consequences including:
- Jail time. You are facing a three-day minimum jail sentence for a first offense, ten days for a second offense and 30 days for a third offense. And, depending on the circumstances of your case, this time can extend up to six months.
- License suspension, ranging from six months to three years on a first offense.
- Court ordered driver intervention programs.
- Heavy fees and fines.
And these legal punishments do not begin to cover the personal, family, and financial problems an OVI brings, not only now, but also far into the future.
What can Nemann Law Offices do for you?
You could try to fight the charges yourself, but the risks you run are so great that your ability to care for your family and work are seriously jeopardized. Adam Nemann understands the charges you face and will use his expertise to lessen them, or even get them dismissed.
Common Ohio OVI defense strategies include:
- Challenging the traffic stop itself. Maybe the officer didn’t have a legal justification to pull you over or you did not receive your Miranda warnings.
- Showing that your rights were violated when evidence was collected.
- Demonstrating that the police report was inaccurate.
- Challenging the results of sobriety testing including both field tests and breath tests, which are subject to mistakes and inaccuracies.
- Using any video evidence to challenge the arrest and/or the accuracy of police statements.
- Introducing witnesses who will support your defense.
- Appealing your case in the Court of Appeals if you have already been convicted.
Why take chances with your future?
Columbus OVI defense attorney Adam Nemann will mount an aggressive and thorough defense on your behalf. Our defense team will work to protect your rights by researching, negotiating and challenging evidence—all with the ultimate goals of reducing or dismissing the charges against you.
Call Nemann Law Offices today toll free at 888-294-9687 for a free case consultation.
Nemann Law Offices is located in Columbus, Ohio and defends the citizens of Franklin County, including Franklin County Municipal Court, Grove City Mayor's Court, New Albany Mayor's Court, Gahanna Mayor's Court, Grandview Mayor's Court, Hilliard Mayor's Court, Dublin Mayor's Court, Westerville Mayor's Court and Ohio State University.